Is this real life? Holy David After the Dentist moment, Batman! I was honoured to receive the Kreativ Blogger award from the lovely ladies over at kodakkerouacs. I’d only heard of Mary and Valerie after they notified me. They’re taking photography on the road and documenting each moment. Sounds like a pretty awesome thing to be documenting to me. The conditions this time are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Done.
- Share 7 things about yourself (perfect, that’s my favourite number).
- Pass the award to 7 nominees.
Alrighty, here we go:
- I love to make my own espresso. As you might have noticed from my increasing comments about coffee shops and recipes involving Americano, since moving to Vancouver I’ve developed a soft spot for the dark stuff. It’s way more economical and often times healthier to make my own.
- I truly believe I’ve got fairy blood. Between my here-comes-trouble looks and my affinity for being in nature, I may as well have a pair of dragonfly wings on my back and be on the cover of a Doreen Virtue book (I also really love True Blood, which make sense seeing as Sookie is also part fae).
- I live in the office of a two bedroom condo. As soon as I open my door, I’m pretty much in my bed. And I’m totally okay with it. It makes “let’s go hang out in my room” a lot more… interesting.
- I have the most AMAZINGLY supportive, loving group of friends. Seriously, they’re family. I’ve never felt more supported, accepted, or taken care of than I have with these sic beauties. I sincerely feel like I’ll be friends with these people for life, a feeling that I’m not all too familiar with.
- As a kid I used to interview myself in the mirror. I remember my mom would overhear some of the things I would say to myself and I’d go super red. But now I realize it was all leading up to now, where I talk to my wife/business partner/roommate Kelsey on our YouTube show.
- I’ve never been to Disney World or Land (but I’m going in May!!). Apparently that’s really surprising for some people. But my family has four kids in it, so traveling anywhere has always been a bit challenging. Instead my parents took us to beautiful lakefront cottages in the summertime. I’ll always remember finding a family of hundreds of baby frogs along an old cottage road, and my sister and I brought some back in a bucket. The parentals were not so thrilled.
- I haven’t used shampoo or conditioner since July 2011. I use one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (separately). It makes my hair super volumous and light. If I need to, I’ll use some argan or coconut oil in my ends to smooth things out.
And now, I’m honoured to pass on the award:
Thank you again, my loyal and lovely readers for honouring me with these awards. It really does motivated me to keep writing. Mega gratitude!!